Katrina
As if the storm itself weren't bad enough, what is going on in New Orleans is absolutely heartbreaking. The people who couldn't get out before Katrina hit were those who were too sick or too poor to do so. Now they have nothing, and they are dying. I can only imagine that they are turnnig to violence out of utter desparation and helplessness, and part of me can't really blame them. Because from their point of view, no one was there to help them get out before the storm, and no one is helping them now.
Sorry guys, I don't mean to get all melodramatic ... it's just so goddam upsetting, and I don't understand why more isn't being done quickly. I mean, aren't we the greatest military power on the planet or something? Why the hell isn't the army busting in there to bring supplies and get people out??
5 Comments:
it is pretty horrible, now people are shooting each other and raping each other too. it's just utter chaos, i don't think people understand the severity of the situation, one of the people in my group didn't even know this was going on until a couple hours ago
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Ok, with three deleted comments, I've changed the settings where only registered users can post comments. Aaron, please email me if you have access to Andrea and/or Max's email addresses. Anyway...
This is the most severe natural distaster in our nation's history. If you watch the news feeds from CNN and other stations, you'll see that the majority of those affected from the levees that broke are African American. Is it a suprise that humanitarian aide is coming more slowly than expected? It would appear to be a government conspiracy, but if it were Boston that was affected with such great urgency, would such a desperate situation exist?
Please exuse me, as I havve just returned home from a Steelers vs. Panthers victory.... :)
to amend my above comment, if you guys would like to have annonymous people comment, we could always change it back. It's up to you guys.
Post a Comment
<< Home